Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday storms

I know, it's a record.  Three days in a row.  Real quick, wanted to show you guys this:



As you might or might now know (did I mention it??) I got my first Studio Calico kit in the mail while I was in California.  It is amazing.  Anyway I totally copied this one design, so don't think it's original.  But that's the beauty (and danger) of getting a complete kit, someone, lots of people in the case, has or have the same materials as you.  And there are examples posted!  I don't intend to do this often, but I wanted to scrap in a new way, with other people's ideas.  I liked it.  It was quick, I did some stuff design-wise I never would have done.  Maybe I even learned a couple things! All I have to do is add stitching under the journalling, which I admit got a little wordy.  I do like to put sentences together. 

Hope you guys survived the storms.  On another note, I am having a heck of a time keeping Owen in bed these days.  He jumps out of his crib (which was like a threat for a while) and wanders around the house for hours at night.  I keep putting him back to bed, sometimes nicely, sometimes not, but nothing seems to work.  Anybody got any really bright ideas???  Anything???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmmm. The bed time thing is tough. Once Liam was able to climb out of his crib we switched him over to a toddler bed. So it became even easier for him to escape. Bed time started to become more and more difficult. Back and forth to the bed. I wasn't always nice about it either. I ended up giving in and we started letting him stay up until he was actually tired. It was hard because the time after they go to sleep is precious to me. After a couple of late nights his bedtime became more routine. Eventually he stopped taking a nap and is back to going to bed at 8-8:30 again. I also bribed him, e.g. "If you go to sleep we'll go to the park tomorrow." He would wake up saying "park!" Hang in there! You are doing an amazing job!