Wednesday, October 6, 2010

There goes September

I know, I've been a horrible blogger.  What a month!  As Owen would say, "There it goes."

Here's a peek at what we've been up to:

Finding secret spots and hiding.


Watching lots of Nemo.  LOTS of Nemo. 


Lots of this face, don't bother me mom, I'm watching Nemo.  Again.


My husband, looking handsome.  He loves to grill meat.  He's off on a bear hunt as we speak.  He just got a moose yesterday.  Thank goodness.  And he's running the Chicago Marathon this Sunday, on 10/10/10.  They are all pretty psyched about that, those crazy runners.


Me and Owen, holding down the fort.  Waffles are a new favorite, with one of my favorite aunt and uncle's famous homemade maple syrup.   Mmmm.


I did this cleanse thing with my sister Ehrin.  She's an Arbonne consultant.  It was awful.  No caffeine, alcohol, dairy, sugar, pork, or wheat.  I was super sad and have changed the diet a bit in order not to want to jump out a window.  This was a typical lunch.  Looks good, made me sad.  However I am glad I did it.  It taught me a lot about what I eat every day, and what I want to eat, and what I should eat.  Which is why Owen and I are going out tonight!


A little sneak peak at why I'm so busy:


Halloween's coming up you know.  I have a protein shake over there in this green cup.  Ugh.  Congealing. 


This kid is holding his pen like a big kid already.  Happened within a month.  Must be because he sees me doing the crossword every morning?  Making letters, he calls it.  He's drawing a fish with two eyes and a turtle.  Wonder where he got that idea.  


Also have been going through a bit of toddler angst lately.  A lot of this look.  Followed by flopping on the floor with or without crying/screaming/kicking.  Poor kid.  He has a mean mom.


Here's me lately.  I thought I looked pretty this day.  When I showed Owen the picture he said, "Basketball!"  Nothing like affirmation from a two-year-old.  


And here's us, pretty happy.


New boots from Land's End.  He wanted to wear them, of course.  He does like his boots.


And some other stuff I've been working on:




Ah, that's my boy.


My mom thinks he looks like my cousins on her side.  I think so too.  Who knew he would get the white side of me?  Like a cross between Levi, Haynes, and Reed maybe. 


So that's that.  I'm all up to date.  Owen's been sleeping less and has been tougher to handle, hence the lack of postings.  Now I'll try to be more current.  So excited for the cooler weather and fall in the air.  We play more outside than we did in the summer!  Well, maybe not, but we come in for hot chocolate and tea and homemade cookies, mmm.  Being inside is just as fun right now.  And can you believe I've given up coffee??  Never thought I'd do it but it's been 2 1/2 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good about it.  

And I've been doing a bible study, at Harvest Bible Chapel, in the book of Habakkuk.  It's about the sovereignty of God.  Pretty grim stuff but pretty awesome too.  Listen to these verses: "The Lord Almighty has sworn, Surely as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand...  For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can frustrate him?  His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?"  Isaiah 14:24, 27.  Makes me think that despite all the mistakes I've made in my life, God's still in control, even when I didn't acknowledge it.  And I still am in his perfect plan for my life.  

I forgot, I got this email today:

Hi Aimee!

Congratulations on being one of our 5 randomly selected Blue Ribbon page winners! We’ll be sending you a selection of products featured in my Fair Days article in our September 2010 issue. Just shoot me your mailing address, and we’ll be set.

Congrats again, and have a fabulous day!

Kim Jackson
Senior editor
Creating Keepsakes magazine
Phone: 801-816-8390

Pretty cool huh?  I'm lucky :)

Phew!  That's everything!  Thanks for reading, readers.  Hope you're having a great Wednesday, enjoying the last of the warm sunshine :)

Amiee 

2 comments:

Beth said...

congrats on the random selection part of your life. that's awesome. jerry won a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant a month ago. he is lucky too. so am i because he shares with me. :0)

Sarah said...

Ok, so I just sat down and took in all your news! Thank you for sharing. I've been meaning to update my blog more often but I have the same problem. Not enough time! I can't wait to see what you're making with the ole sewing machine! Liam says he misses Owen. Do you think he really remembers him? I guess maybe if I show him pictures on your blog now and then that keep him fresh in his memory...I don't know. I loved all the updates and now I want to come visit again. :(
Congrats to Joe for running the Chicago marathon!