Sunday, March 28, 2010

Temple Grandin

Well hello there.  Happy Palm Sunday everyone.  Thanks for reading.  I know yesterday's post was a bit indulgent but sometimes I have this powerful urge to share!  





Anyway I was wondering, have you ever seen the HBO movie Temple Grandin?  http://www.hbo.com/movies/temple-grandin/index.html.  I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time with links on here.  I don't know why.  The tagline on the website is:  "Through mentoring and sheer will a young autistic woman succeeds against the odds."  Kind of a bad synopsis for such a powerful film.  I have seen it a couple times now but can't watch it straight through sitting still.  I mean, I have to move around and take breaks because otherwise I would cry and cry and cry.  I'm a sensitive soul and somehow this subject touches a nerve in me.  Check out the trailer and comments from Claire Danes (who I love too).  The supporting cast is incredible and I think it should've won awards or at least maybe people should've heard of it.  So that's it.  Check it out:

No comments: