Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh Saturday!

Okay, so Joe made it last weekend.  He didn't have a heart attack, and he didn't lose it in his pants.  Thank goodness for that.  I think I would forever look at him differently, even if I wasn't there to witness the debacle. Hooray Joe!  Good job.  What's next?


I also redid this blog layout as you can see.  I am not very web-savvy so I have been working out the kinks day by day.  I think you can leave comments now.  Sorry about that if you couldn't before.  


This week I moved my scrap stuff to an empty cupboard just outside of my bedroom.  I love love love the space and have been able to scrap pretty easily while Owen naps in the afternoon.  I can get everything out in a couple minutes and put it all away just as quickly, which, for those of you who scrap know, is a huge time suck.  So yay for me!  I also got some new stuff from Sassafras (<3) and from my Aunt Beth!  Thanks Aunt Beth!!  You are the coolest.  I love the papers and can't wait to use them.  Don't worry, I'll post them here so you can see them!


Here are two layouts from this week. 
















I've also been trying to draw inspiration from blogs and things I see.  You know, sometimes you just feel like doing something new and different.  Sometimes you get stuck in a rut.  So this time my inspiration came from me!  I used to do these magazine collages and combine them with journaling and doodles and stuff, just whatever came into my mind, whatever was at my fingertips.  No thinking about design elements or a color wheel or what other people were doing or even why I was doing it.  I just did it because I loved it.  And it's great to look back through the books.  Like, I remember what it felt like to be in those places again.  So...  you want to come over and see my stuff??  C'mon, it'll be so much fun!!  This is some stuff from a couple books I put together after college.  The stuff from high school is a bit lamer, if you know what I mean.  And it took me forever to put all these pictures on here, so without much explanation, here you go!  Enjoy!  Ask questions if you've got any :)








No comments: