Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Opening Day Hoopla

Well hello all you readers out there.  Happy baseball season!  And happy end of March Madness, which ends in April.  I think it should end in March but that's just me.  I mean, they call it March Madness, not March-into-a-little-bit-of-April Madness, but okay, whatever they want to do.  It was an exciting game, wasn't it??  Man, you just can't beat that kind of ending.  It makes all that basketball in March kind of worth it.  And hooray for Butler, going all the way to the finals.  Everybody likes an underdog!


Yesterday also gave us opening day for baseball in Chicago.  Joe, Tommy, Owen and I all went to the Sox game.  It was perfect weather, we had perfect seats (in the last row on the end under the overhang in the 100 level), the food was AMAZING (brat with sauerkraut...mmm...), and the White Sox had one of their best season openers in years.  Check out this play:



Does it just give you chills?  Buehrle is just so good.  I missed the play because I was looking for my friend Lisa in the outfield.  I just got back to my seat when I heard the crowd go nuts.  Yup, I'm that girl.  And I never did find Lisa.  It was just too crowded.  But a great game, and a great afternoon.  Owen did pretty well.  Thank goodness Tommy was there to help me and these two drunk girls who held him (Owen, not Tommy) while we were standing in line for a ridiculously long time at the gate.
 





 
In that one picture it looks like my son is half my size.  It sure didn't take him long. Am I really that small??

So that's that!  And I won't say anything except man am I so glad not to be a Cubs fan.  It was a rough day for those guys.  I won't name any names.  And Owen was a nightmare today, because he was still so tired.  Joe was like, we should start taking Owen to games all the time, he did so great, that was really easy!  Yeah, funny how dads just seem to enjoy the good times that moms work really hard to provide...  how does that happen??  I don't want to do it again for a long, long time.  So I scrapped a little this afternoon while Owen was running amok.  Glad it's almost Wednesday.  Hope you had a good one too :) 


Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katie!!  I hope it was fantastic!  I think thunderstorms on your birthday sounds wonderful, don't you??

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that you went to opening day with the fam! Luke went to the Twin's opener today without us. Tear, tear. He bought Liam and Amelia little twins shirts and Liam has a twins cap but were we invited? Nope. Just feeling left out and getting a little carried away.