Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!


So I am usually not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, for obvious reasons, but this year I think it's different. Here's a peak why:


The hanging hearts have been up for a while. I feel like they are missing something but I can't figure out what. So this year, that's what you get. They are pretty and take up space.


I made Valentine's this year for just a few people. These two went to my sweetie and my other sweetie, the big and the lesser. I really like them. The valentines that is. And the recipients.


I wrapped Joe's little presents in construction paper from IKEA. You gotta love it when you're in a bind. I made the bow to match. I kinda like it, even better than stuff you buy at the store. Next time maybe I'll stamp it or something.


And this one is from Owen to his Daddy. The heart is made from cutting Owen's hands out of paper and interlocking the thumbs. I got the idea from Sprout (a whole TV channel for preschoolers), which Owen gets a good healthy dose of every day. Like I said in an earlier post, Sesame Street is your FRIEND.

So happy Valentine's Day! Wishing you lots of love on this day, or at least giving you permission to buy and consume an entire bag of peanut m'n'ms (we're talking 2 lb bags) or whatever sweet things happen to be your vise. It's definitely on my list today. xoxo

No comments: